Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Three Figures, Receeding


I went out to R.I.T. today to have lunch with two friends and to see a couple of exhibits.  I am a graduate of the old downtown campus, not this new one.  When I was hired by the Rochester Times Union, one of my first assignments was to come out to where this was going to be built, and get photographs of the surveyors at work! The campus and buildings are very modern looking, and it is made from billions of bricks!  They actually call it "Brick City."   But I always find something to shoot when I am there, having to do with the architecture and the landscape..  I love the way the people look walking through this tunnel, and how they are in silhouette, until they step out of the tunnel on the far end.  It is a lot of fun to play with the composition in a photograph like this.

No comments: