Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Trying to See Differently


I am always trying to come up with new ways of seeing.  I never get very far along with this most times.  Today I was standing on the railroad station platform waiting for a train in the rain.  The circular pattern in the top of this picture is an umbrella that Kathy had, and which I had taken for the day.  So I was standing there with the umbrella over my head, and suddenly I saw the strange juxtapositon of the umbrella and the scene of the railroad station.  So I played with the composition for a bit and this is the result.  I love that the picture is kind of puzzling at first.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very puzzling. I thought it was 2 frames at first. Then I saw the umbrella strut. And your explanation. Nice! Can't wait to see the museum photos.-- Stan

Anonymous said...

It seemed so strange when I first saw this and thinking of a wall. Very different and clever.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks to you both for your comments. I can see differently! :-)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was an awning. Very different. Keep 'em coming...bsk

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the patterns and contrasting directions. Diane