Monday, November 30, 2015

Their Tree Lasts Longer...


I drove down Laurel Avenue at about three o'clock this afternoon, as the sun was getting lower in the sky.  As I drove by this house I saw a flash of bright red.  It probably took me 5 seconds before I decided to stop, and then I backed up the street to see what I could make of this scene.  I was stunned at how brilliant the leaves were, backlit by the sun.  I tried several different compositions and this one was the best.  Most of the leaves on our Japanese Maple are gone, but this tree is in full bloom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, stunning !!! Don't expect to see colors like this so late into November.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and such a surprise at this time of year.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The striking red color really makes this photo. bsk