Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Guru


Today I got up early and drove out to Long Island MacArthur airport to attend an FAA safety seminar.  This seminar was a bit unusual in that it was called "AERIAL PHOTOGRAPHY – the Beauty, the Problems, the Safety."  The really cool thing is that it was given by a photographer and pilot whose work I have followed in Flying Magazine for forty years!  His name is Russell Munson and he is a brilliant photographer of both airplanes, and the landscape from the air.  And he is a really friendly guy.  I mentioned that I was a photographer for the newspaper for 40 years, and he seemed impressed.  We had a nice conversation, and he signed my copy of his book which I bought back in 1989.  It was a really nice experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you finally met a person who you probably felt like you knew after so many years. Aren't you smart to take his book from '89 to have him sign!! Excellent day...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Once in a while my brain actually works properly! :-)