Monday, May 2, 2016

One World Trade Center


When we went to the city for Margo's birthday, I got to look out her living room window again.  The last time I did that, I looked down on a brick building with interesting decoration on the front.  This time, I was looking further downtown and spotted One World Trade Center in the rain.  It was almost a faint apparition.  It's interesting that when I shot this, I loved that the distant buildings were very faint.  While adjusting the photograph, I didn't like the light version - this darker version felt like a better representation of how the scene felt to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a different view of the city. Not the one you see on post cards. The clustered buildings that are so low to the ground in comparison to the skyscrapers seem so old and cramped. On a better day, maybe they wouldn't look like they're ready for the bulldozers. Quaint and clean is one thing, and I guess the overcast sky didn't enhance the low-rise buildings. A side of the city I haven't seen, so once again, your daily blog has been a teaching tool.

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments. The city is amazing because of how different it looks, depending on where you are and what the weather is. It is an endlessly fascinating. There was a show on PBS about the High Line, which I have photographed before. I haven't been there in spring yet, so stay tuned. I think a visit is on my list!