Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Kodachrome Moment


This is the Newkirk Avenue subway stop on the Q line out in Brooklyn.  This is the stop we got off at to get to the group dinner at Antoine's house.  As I was exiting the doors from the stairway, I saw all these brilliant colors on the stores along the platform.  I have never seen another subway stop like this before, surrounded by stores!  The colors were so brilliant, it reminded me of photographs that I have taken with Kodachrome back in years past.   From the Paul Simon song called "Kodachrome" - "They give us those nice bright colors... makes you think all the world's a sunny day."


Here is another view of the platform and all the stores.  There is another group of stores on the platform on the other side of the tracks.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheerful colors, but I love your reference to Paul Simon's song the most. Of course, I will be singing it all day.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm already singing :-) All those bright colors really make a difference - love it! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for nice comments! I have been singing the song all day today too!