Friday, July 12, 2019

The Morning Paper


I was on the way to the recycling center this morning and as I passed the baseball field, I caught a glimpse of this man reading the morning paper.  What a nice place to sit and get the news.  But my camera was in the trunk, so I couldn't stop, get the camera out, and photograph without anyone noticing.  So I continued on to recycling, and while there took my camera out of the trunk, put the telephoto lens on it, and on the way back, as I passed the park, I slowly pulled over, and stopped, and made four pictures.  I am glad he was still there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bench does look like a nice place to read the paper. Good thing you captured this because we may not see this again. So few people read a newspaper anymore - myself included. I read a local paper and get news on TV. betsey

ken schwarz said...

Only 2 of us out of 13 condo units in our "elevator stack" subscribe to Charleston's award winning Post & Courier Newspaper. I always fetch my paper before Mark, who lives two floors above us. Weather permitting, Ronni and I read the paper with our morning coffee outside on the back patio. It is our routine and a very relaxing routine indeed. We are a dying breed - our kids have no interest in newspapers. So sad. When I was a kid, I delivered Long Island's Newsday for a couple years after school rain or shine on bike!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! I had no idea that you delivered Newsday when you were a kid! Wow, what a sad commentary that only 2 out of thirteen people in the condo subscribe to the Post & Courier. Of course I spent my career working for Newsday, and have subscribed to it, and still do, since 1966. But I also subscribe to the NY Times online, and the Washington Post online, and the Los Angeles Times, online. Maybe I am over-subscribed, but at least I know what is going on in the world, which I can't say for people who get their news from watching TV. End of rant!