Sunday, July 21, 2019

How To Get To The Met


My traditional way of getting to the Met from Penn Station, is to take the subway from Herald Square up to 5th Avenue and 59th Street, and then I walk the 23 blocks to the Met.  But it was raining on Thursday so I decided to take the relatively new 2nd Avenue Subway, which goes from Herald Square all the way to 86th Street.  It is a bit of a walk from 2nd Avenue to the Met, but it is much shorter than my 23 block walk.  Here's the thing.  The platform for that subway is almost 100 feet underground!  So you take one regular escalator, then get on this escalator which goes up forever!  Look at the size of the woman in white, then look at the size of the person at the very top of the escalator.  This is some long escalator!  But it is brand new, and clean and beautiful.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is high. Not for those afraid of heights! It must be nice to know how to get to all the great sites in NYC-what subways to take, where to stop, where everything is in proximity to everything else. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Trace: I still use maps, and I have a NYC Subway app on my iPhone. I have spent a lot of time in the city over the years with all the assignments I had in and around the city, but I still need to look stuff up.