Thursday, July 18, 2019

A New Kind of Umbrella


Bright and early this morning I was off to Fun City in the rain, to see some exhibits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  When I walked across the platform at the train station, I came up behind this guy, and was so puzzled because it seemed as if the top half of his body was inside a mushroom!  When I came around to the front, I could see that there was an opening in the front.  I cannot imagine when an umbrella like this is useful.  If anyone knows, please tell us all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Ken, if you dare to take the L.I.R.R. out of Glen Head, you are bound to see anything and everything. This is a case in point. A very ingenious way of staying dry in these sudden downpours. Don't you wish that you had one of these...??? Babs

ken schwarz said...

For me, today's photo is much more a study of psychology than meteorology. Why do some people feel the need to bring attention to themselves?

Anonymous said...

Definitely different. I feel like the water would drip down your back or front because of the small circumference. You didn't inquire Ken? The umbrella behind is traditional and much wider.
Joan

John Speroni said...

That umbrella looks like Dark Helmet from the movie Spaceballs.

Here's a photo in case you have no idea what I'm talking about:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNmIwNGU5YTgtZjZkNy00ZDVkLWFmNjUtYjA1MmYwY2NhNmE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Anonymous said...

That is quite an unusual umbrella. Think I'll stick with the regular one to keep me dry all around! betsey

Unknown said...

If you want to buy tree stand umbrella, read this review https://umbrellawiki.com/best-tree-stand-umbrellas/ it's very useful article

Unknown said...

Hello, I like your post. it's great! Please check this umbrella stands review :)