Saturday, July 27, 2019

Subway Trains Run Underground, Right?


In all the years I have lived in New York, every subway I have ever ridden has been underground.  They all run underground, right?  Wrong. When taking the Q train to Brooklyn the other night, imagine my surprise to find us on the Manhattan Bridge, way up in the air, crossing the East River!  What a surprise.  So I saw the Brooklyn bridge in the distance and wanted to get a photo of it.  Only problem is that the trusses on the bridge I was on were zooming past the window.  I must have taken 20 photographs as fast as I could, and only this one didn't have a truss running through the middle of the picture!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot! Persistence pays off. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Learned something new today because I thought all subways were underground. Nice surprise. Cool shot! betsey

Anonymous said...

That's a great photo. I like the bridge in the background. I'm surprised too, I thought trains were above ground and subways below. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

I love how much everyone learns from reading this blog, including me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Interestingly, ordinary Brooklyn "usage" allows one to give directions to someone in the form of "go upstairs and get on the subway and get off at such-and-such," and similar constructions.

It's part of "'da way to talk."

Your subway-loving friend stuck in Florida... .