Tuesday, July 23, 2019

If You Don't Have a Selfie, Then You Didn't See the Painting!


After the "Apollo's Muse" exhibit, we went over to some other galleries, and in this one there is the beginning of an exhibit called "Epic Abstraction: Pollock to Herrera."  One of the first paintings was this one by Jackson Pollock called "Autumn Rhythm, 1950."  I am hooked on the paintings of Jackson Pollock and love spending time with them.  While studying this one, a woman walked in front of it, turned around, facing away from the painting and proceeded to take a selfie of herself with the painting in the background.  Wow...  I guess that if you don't have a selfie, then you didn't see the painting!  To each their own, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never taken a selfie of myself in front or an art exhibit of any kind. I prefer to see the art and not my own image. Seems strange to me - oh well...betsey