Monday, January 13, 2020

Being Mean to Seagulls


I have talked in the past about trying to get a flock of seagulls in flight but that I had not been successful.  Up until today.  I saw a flock of seagulls on a sandbar the other day and I saw my chance.  I slowly walked toward them while setting my camera.  Then I started running toward them as fast as I could, and they all took off and headed for the water.  I managed to get three frames before they dispersed.  This is the best of the three.  I was glad that it was warm out.  I would feel badly if it was cold and the seagulls were trying to stay out of the wind by hunkering down.  Then I would feel badly if I disturbed them by making them fly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You captured a great shot, however you were acting like a bad little boy! :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Yeah, I know. I do that a lot... :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a cool photo of the flock. I like the pink sky in the background and the shimmering water too. Trace

Anonymous said...

Great shot of all the Seagulls. Impressive. I like the background, also. betsey