Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The Sun Came Back!


As they were so fond of saying on Monty Python, "And now for something completely different!"  So it was clear yesterday and the sun was out, and I was trying to come up with a way to make a landscape photograph with the sun in it interesting.  So I did a normal photograph and it was boring.  Then I wondered what would happen if I converted the picture to black & white.  Not much better.  Then I wondered how it would look if I reversed the image to a negative.  Much more interesting, I thought.  But there was just a black blob in the sky, so I added a white disk through the miracle of Photoshop, and I was finally happy.  I have no idea what this all means, but it IS interesting, isn't it?

3 comments:

Ron said...

I love it!
Very ethereal. Would make a great large print hanging on my wall.

ken schwarz said...

This picture immediately got my attention and is a great example why some photographic images are so much better in Black & White. Very creative indeed and a pleasure to view!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments. How large a print would you like, Ron?