Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Performance


As part of the celebration of Stan's opening at the gallery, Preston, a friend of Stan's who is the artistic & executive director of Tribeca New Music Festival, and who is also a composer, arranged for a performance of one of his violin pieces by Jennifer Choi, a leading New York new music violinist,  as a centerpiece of the evening.  and what a stunning performance it was!  I was reminded that listening to music on a CD has almost no relation to hearing it in person!  It was also wonderful to have a chance to photograph her performance.  Here are two of my favorite photographs from the evening.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to talk with you and hear about the lovely evening of music and art. I love listening to the violin. The music takes me away.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like both pictures. The blue is sublime. The pose in the other is majestic. Sounds like a wonderful evening. betsey