Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Blue & Yellow


Look.  Another accidental photograph!  What?  How did that happen?  Well, I'll tell you.  I got off the train from the city, and walked down the platform to the street to cross the tracks.  My "toy" camera has auto-color balance and because I had been in a museum, it was set for tungsten light, which is the warm light from indoors.  While I was waiting to cross the street, I decided to look at a picture I had taken, and when I turned on the camera, this was what I saw on the LCD on the back of the camera.  I was outdoors at dusk when the light is very blue.  So this is what the camera saw.  I quickly snapped two pictures before the camera did the correct color balance and then these yellow poles and black pavement would look ordinary again.

No comments: