Saturday, August 12, 2023

A Thin Crescent Moon


I photographed this very thin crescent Moon about three weeks ago and just let it sit on my desktop.  So I decided to post it tonight. I am not sure what it is about a thin crescent Moon, but they never fail to cause me to stop and look, and to grab a pair of binoculars, if not a telescope, and just spend a few minutes just staring at it.  I think it has to do with the delicacy of it.  A beautiful thin crescent that will have set in the next half hour or so, and then the next day it will be thicker and different and the moment will have passed.  The universe is constantly changing and I guess that also adds to the transitory nature of this crescent.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the delicate crescent moon and this is such a beautiful photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and bright! I like the trees in the photograph as well. Nature is peaceful and lovely. Trace

Anonymous said...

Simple and effective. The crescent moon is always the start of the process for getting to its full moon size. Betsey