Wednesday, August 30, 2023

No-Fly Day


Today is Wednesday, so it was off to the airport as usual.  Although, seeing these clouds as I drove out east, made me think I was probably not going to fly today because of low cloud ceilings and rain.  Actually, back in the day when I was actively flying on instruments, an day like this would be really fun - rolling down the runway, and then pulling back on the yoke as the plane lifted off the runway, and within 30 seconds I would be in the clouds for the duration of my trip!  That was exciting and fun, but I have not been current on instruments for years.


Here is the airplane I am flying now, tied down on the ramp while a light rain falls.  So there was no flying, but to pass my flight review and become current in the airplane I need several hours of "ground school" and that's what we did today, inside where it was warm and dry.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of the stormy sky. Glad you got a lesson in despite the weather. Trace

Anonymous said...

I guess learning to fly has really changed over the years. Glad you got your lesson in. Betsey