Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Happiness Is...


Happiness is...  Here is Amy, trying out Kathy's electric tricycle by coming down the driveway and then she turned up Laurel avenue to the top - a really steep road.  The electric trike didn't bat an eyelash.   Our street is a killer because of it's grade.  I have measured the grade and it equals some of the grades in the Alps in the Tour de France!  They are not a problem for me because I am a gorilla man on my bike, but they are very difficult for others, who may have to stop and walk their bikes.  The electric trike gets you up the steep grades to the level part of Sea Cliff, and then Kathy can just pedal to her heart's content without the electric assist.  Amy really enjoyed her ride as you can see from her grin!


Happiness is...  When you can hold your granddaughter on your lap and she is content to sit there and be happy.  And of course for Kathy, having Vivian here is an absolute joy.  When we would see Vivian, it always took her some time for her to warm up to both of us.  But much less so this trip, which was wonderful.  Viv took to Kathy more than she did to me on other visits, but now she is very comfortable with me as well.  After dinner when she was told she could have some ice cream, she said "I want to have my ice cream while sitting on Boppa's lap!  Wow!  That was a first and made my day!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of your 3 smiling girls. Starts my day with a smile. I remember a year ago you mentioned Kathy got a new electric assisted bike. I am happy to see that it is a tricycle. I would enjoy having that for my balance as I am not a gorilla!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Another great photo of Amy. Looks like she is enjoying time on the bike. Sweet photo of Aunt Kate and Vivian. Vivian looks comfortable and content. It is nice, too, that she wants to share ice cream time with you, that is always happy time for most people. Trace

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time it is for her Nana and ‘Boppa’. Enjoy every moment!😘

Anonymous said...

What a joy for Kathy and you to have Amy & Vivian visit. You both must be over the moon to have your granddaughter cozy up to you. Enjoy your time together. The electric bike looks like so much fun since it takes away the grueling part of riding!! Betsey