Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Welcome to Vermont


This is right by the front door of the Vermont Welcome Center, on Route 91, just a few miles north of the Massachusetts, Vermont state line.  Every year they have something different on this wall, which is nice.  These chairs are there for people to relax, so I was lucky that no one was using them.  I love the sense that they are located right by what first appears to be a  giant picture window!  And I love all the colors of the chairs!


I stop here every year and take a walk around the property, looking at you will remember, all the rusted farm equipment like ploughs and sickle bar mowers and a disc harrow.  But I have never showed you the exterior of the building.  It is built like an old fashioned barn with post and beam construction.  It is absolutely gorgeous inside and it is in a lovely setting with wildflowers all around.



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely welcoming scene. Love the colorful chairs. Enjoy the convention.
Joan

Linda said...

Adirondack chairs are the best. Now that they come in all different colors, I can't decide if I like plain wood or colored chairs better. But no matter the color, they are amazing comfortable and nostalgic.

Anonymous said...

The top photo looks so inviting to see and view the lovely green surroundings. I like the colorful chairs. I’ll grab a book and settle into that orange rocking chair :-) The building is beautiful with its wide expanse of windows. Betsey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of the barn with its stone, wood and pretty windows. I love the field with all its wildflowers and trees. Vermont is a beautiful state. Trace