Monday, August 21, 2023

The Pond


When I am in Vermont for the Stellafane Convention, I stay at the Franklyn Farm Inn, in Chester, a short drive to the convention.  This bed & Breakfast has new owners in the last few years, and they are working hard and making improvements.  Nate, one of the owners mentioned last year that he was working to clean up the pond on the property.  Well, I am so busy with the convention, I never took a walk to see it, but this year I did, and it is beautiful.  He has removed a lot of brush around the edges and removed some trees along the edge to open the pond up and it is just beautiful!  I managed to walk up to the pond at the end of the day, the day I arrived.  I think the solitary rock is what makes this photograph interesting.


As I walked around part of the pond, I saw these grasses and managed a viewpoint where they are seen with the sky and some clouds reflected in the water behind them.  Wow, two entirely different photographs taken within 15 minutes and 20 feet from each other!



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful photos and so different. I would love to sit by the pond and enjoy the peaceful setting.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Exactly what Joan said :-) The pond looks so peaceful that I just want to grab a book and sit to read. Nice that you captured the sun & sky reflected off the water. Betsey