Wednesday, May 12, 2021

My Perfect Lawn!

 

So this is hysterical! It is early Spring and I have mowed the lawn twice and I am thinking to myself, "This year the lawn is going to look pretty good!"  I mean, look at it.  Dark green for the most part and no bare spots and a rich covering of grass.  You may remember last year I did a drone shot of my lawn, and it looked like it had been carpet-bombed by a B-52.  I am aware that the lawn always looks good in early spring and then looks terrible later.  So I decided to launch my drone and photograph the lawn before it looks awful.  So off I went, flew the drone, and took the photograph, below.


The lawn is already a mess!  Man oh man!  I can't win for losing!  Look how bad the lawn is in so many spots.  Last year I did cultivate some parts of the lawn, and they are dark green and pretty full.  Those areas are about 1/4 the way from the right, in the bottom of the photo.  But for the rest of the lawn?  It just plain looks like there is no hope at all!   Sigh...  Look what you can learn with a drone!  Please click on each photo and see the lawn in better detail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lawn does look perfect in the first photo. I know you have worked so hard and experimented with different methods to improve the soil and sow seed. I am sorry it fights you every year. Put the drone down and plant artificial turf! HaHaHa Just kidding. I enjoy walking barefoot in the grass.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Joan. Your yard looks perfect! You are making yourself unhappy by looking at it with your drone. Enjoy sitting in your yard to read and relax. betsey