Thursday, May 13, 2021

Oh No! He's Using That Camera Again!


Oh no, it's spring again and the leaves are on the trees and it looks like he got out his infrared camera again from when it was stored for the winter.  In winter there are no leaves on the trees, so he doesn't bother to get the camera out.  The leaves have chlorophyll in them, and chlorophyll reflects a LOT of infrared light.  So that's why all the trees and plants that are green end up being bright white.  It is such a beautiful way to see nature in a different way.  I woke up this morning to the sound of chain saws and a giant wood chipper.  After breakfast I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to see if could find where the clear cutting was taking place.  I didn't find anything but I did have my camera with me and found this scene, which looked magical to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo with the white tree front and center on the sloping land. Stunning.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like the infrared photos. Black and white becomes a stark white. Images "jump" off the page. Love the angle of the tree off center. betsey