Friday, May 21, 2021

Which Way?


I was coming home from our observing session the other night and as I came down the long hill and approached the harbor I saw this scene in the distance.  I kept my eye on it as I approached.  Then, when I was at the right spot, I stopped the car in the middle of the road and took this photograph.  There were no other cars around at that hour of the night, so I was OK doing that.  I am not exactly sure what the appeal of this scene is to me, but it grabbed me.  The two traffic lights are bright red eyes, and the double arrows almost ask a question.  If you have not been to our house, the answer to this question, above is: "turn right."

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting photo and I like the interpretation of the question of direction. It seems almost symbolic of choices in life, that the red lights are to stop and then looking in both directions before moving. I could actually picture people pondering this photo in a museum. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Wow, what a wonderful comment, Trace, and I love your interpretation of the photo!