Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cleaning Up The Yard


Obviously this is not a photo of cleaning up the yard, which is what I did today. I Loaded wheelbarrows full of the shingles I had torn off the old roof before putting on the new one, into the dumpster on the street. How interesting a photo would that make? Right, not very. So instead, here is a photo I made in Rhode Island a month or two ago while we visiting friends. My friend Dick is a landscape photographer and knows all the good spots all around Rhode Island, so he drove us here one night, knowing I would enjoy having a chance to shoot this. It is the Mount Hope Bridge, designed in 1927 and is a prize-winning suspension bridge over Mount Hope Bay between Portsmouth and Bristol, RI. With a main span of 1200 feet, the Mount Hope Bridge was for many years the longest suspension bridge in New England. So I thought you might like to see this shot at night, instead of me working in my yard.

No comments: