Monday, November 26, 2007

The Japanese Maple


I hope you will excuse my fascination with the Autumn colors in my yard - it is such a joy to see. Fall is clearly my favorite time of year. And not just for the brilliant colors - I also love to watch the fading of life all around, when bright colors turn to more subtle hues. There is joy in watching flowers and plants change from the vigor of life to the beauty of decay. This Japanese Maple tree was here when we moved in in 1971 and I have photographed it innumerable times, in all seasons. I am in love with the shape of the branches and can always find a photograph here. It is the last tree to loose its leaves, and when they fall to the ground, they are the most delicate leaves I have seen. When the ground is covered with them, it makes a lovely close-up photograph. I will just have to take that picture this year for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

spectacular shots the last few days. the autumn colors and filtered sunlight are breathtaking.

Anonymous said...

I LIKED THIS ONE BETER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! --- RIBIT

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking.

Midge said...

I had no idea that a Japanese Maple could get to be so big! It is lovely.