Friday, November 16, 2007

Landscape Lessons, 4


It is hard to remember, when you are looking for a grand landscape, that sometimes, a dramatic close up can be a powerful image. What immediately comes to mind is a magnificent black and white photograph that Harry Callahan did called "Grass, Aix en Provence" which looks like a human form. (email me and I will send it to you...) Anyhow, I decided to look for a close up and see if that change in what I was looking for would make a difference. I think it did, and here is the result. The interesting thing about a close up is that if I were doing a photo essay on the landscape of a particular area, the change in scale between far and near adds visual variety to a layout of multiple images seen next to one another. But this is not the end of the lesson... Please come back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Email it to me! I would love to see it. This shot is beautiful... --Amy

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.