Sunday, November 25, 2007

Morning Ablaze


When we arrived back on Long Island late yesterday, I was thrilled to see that the trees had finally turned to their autumn colors. Quite a change in a week away - I thought they would never change this year. Upstate, all the trees have dropped their leaves by now. I was not prepared, however for how beautiful everything was. Not until I went out to the car this morning to go get bagels. I was stunned at the sight of all the trees backlit by the morning sun! It was a perfect day, so before I even ate breakfast, I spent about an hour photographing the trees in my yard. Having lived here for 36 years, there are certain shots that I know will always work. I tried those, and then looked for new ways of seeing things. I ended up with a whole bunch of "keepers," but chose this one for the blog because I don't remember shooting this view ever before.

1 comment:

Amy said...

oh my god, that is INCREDIBLE!! what a photograph. seriously, WHAT a photograph...