Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall In The Parking Lot


I drove over to Nikon to pick up a repaired camera, and when I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed these bright red trees reflected in some puddles left over from an all-night rain. I parked my car, and got out my Canon SD800 point and shoot, and spent about 10 minutes shooting the reflections. I was sure that I now had my blog photo for the day! Then I went in, got my big camera, and came back out. I approached the puddles from a slightly different angle, and saw a different view. So I spent another ten minutes, and found this composition. This one is much stronger as a photo - it's more abstract than the first one. NOW I have my blog post! Imagine, I had to come to a parking lot to see the most colorful trees so far this fall. You probably need to click on this image to see the more colorful original in a larger size.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gift: To see beauty and then capture it. This is something most people would walk around to avoid because they'd see only puddles of water and not the lovely reflection of fall trees. I will look closer the next time it rains. Thank you.

Amy said...

What a cool catch. This is awesome. Funny how there are beautiful things in the every day like that, and in the strangest most "ugly" things. Of course, the pretty part is in both the trees and in nature's puddles, not the parking lot... -Amy