Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Lawyer


As frequent readers will note, I have covered a couple of press conferences lately, for people suing for wrongful death and medical malpractice. These events are held in conference rooms with fluorescent lighting, which is pretty boring as far as lighting is concerned. This room had blinds, and two of the slats were missing. At first I wondered if it would make a mess of trying to light the three people who were talking. I got the photos I needed, and then saw this and figured I would play around with the light to get something different. Not necessarily anything useful for the paper, but an interesting exercise is how to see beyond the normal way of seeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish newspapers would run this kind of photo. It's more interesting and makes me stop to LOOK at what's happening in the picture, to study it more.

Amy said...

I agree, great shot. Your brain is probably so trained to capture the straight up "yes it happened" image but when you let yourself branch out, you get really cool ones like this. I love it!

Ken Spencer said...

I have thought this many times. If I say "press conference" we all know what it will probably look like. I WISHED that the mother of the deceased son was somewhere near this attorney, and in this light, and I would have shot something like this and submitted it. Of course that doesn't mean that it would run. But I like that I am looking for really different things these days.