Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cosanti Bells


I have been painting the front porch these last few days, and so I have been face to face with this wonderful bell with the faces on it. It is a Paoli Soleri windbell, one of two that I bought when visiting Cosanti in Paradise Valley, Arizona a couple of years ago. Cosanti is the amazing studio of architect Paolo Soleri who designed the world famous Arcosanti, Soleri’s futurist urban environment which has been under construction for about 28 years, north of Scottsdale, Arizona. You can buy either ceramic or cast bronze Cosanti bells. I couldn't decide which I liked best, so I bought one of each. It is wonderful to hear them when the wind blows.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, that's pretty cool looking! I'm not usually one for wind chimes/bells (I like the sound of the wind in the trees instead), but I do like the look of this.