Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dizzying...


I love all kinds of architecture, and I am still wowed by skyscrapers. I did this shot last week when I was near the climber on the NY Times building. As a photographer who has done architecture all my life, starting with a 4x5 view camera with swings and tilts to control perspective, it is difficult for me to go around and shoot tilted photographs, which became the rage some years ago. "Eurotrash" is what they called it at the time. I have seen the tilted horizon used effectively, though. And I think that works here. I rotated the camera around the axis of the lens and tried several different compositions of these buildings This view is rotated 90 degrees from the vertical, and I love that it is disorienting, compared to the "correct" view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I am not afraid of heights but i looked at this picture and I got a bit dizzy. Wonderful effect.

Anonymous said...

YOWZER! THIS IS SO COOL!