Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Up or Down?


I have never photographed a garden from below. Never. Ever. I have, however, seen other people doing that, and I recently saw a nice photo that resulted from shooting from below. I have always looked at gardens from above, and I am not sure why, but I think it's because I want the foreground - middleground- background effect, and also because I want to look *into* the blossoms. So, because I am SO dead set against shooting from below, I decided to do it today when I saw these flowers and this house. I think it works in this sutuation. Of course the photograph ends up being more about the flowers in relation to the house, than about just the flowers alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is more interesting to me than a photo of the front of the house would be. sometimes the lines of a home can be so stark and uninviting. the flowers soften the picture, so instead of looking at a house, i'm seeing a home. i like that.

Anonymous said...

I feel as if I'm hiding below and I just want to peak up to see who is in the house...