Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Slight Change of Plan


My plan was to go down to the water tonight with a really long telephoto lens, and an extender, hoping to get the setting sun over the harbor, looking like a big red ball. Alas, it was not to be... There was a cloud deck in the west, and the sun disappeared about an hour before sunset. So I came home empty handed. When I pulled into the driveway, I spotted the Allium I photographed the other day, only all the little blossoms or flowers were gone. So I picked one of the "balls" on the top of the stalk and started looking at it, to see if it was interesting. It looked really interesting seen against the sky. I messed with it for a bit. looking in different directions, until I saw the first quarter moon. I like having that very subtle addition to the photograph.

1 comment:

Amy said...

wow, that's COOL. it's like, what in the world is that? I can see a whole series of silhouettes being cool. how we don't realize that the shape of flowers is sometimes just as interesting as the color...