Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Random Meeting


On the way back to Penn station the other day, I was walking along looking for pictures on the street. I passed this couple sitting in a window outside a restaurant. I was taken by the woman's face and orange glow around the couple. By the time I spotted them, it was too late to take a candid photo without being seen. I continued past them, and thought about what I had seen, and decided to go back. I passed them going in the opposite direction, and the photo didn't work from that direction. So I turned around again, and started back past them. I realized that there was no way I would get what I want candidly, so I just walked up to them, and asked if I could take their portrait, and they said "sure." I took about 5 shots, and this is my favorite. It was kind of fun to actually stop and talk to people, instead of shooting candidly. If you click on it, you will see a version with more color saturation.

No comments: