Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Faded...


I have always been fascinated by the beauty of decay. When I first saw these faded flowers a day earlier, I put them on the back steps to photograph. They looked much better then. I was disappointed to see them today, and realized that I forgot to photograph them sooner. So, OK, here is a challenge... can I find something interesting in these seriously faded blossoms? I was hoping for something more graphic, but I will give you this as a more straightforward image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i applaud your effort to find something interesting in this faded blossom, but i enjoy the promise i see in buds and full blooms more. your photographs of structures that have been dressed with layers and layers of paint are beautiful - that kind of "decay" on an inanimate object is lovely and the resulting textures mirror our lives - our youth, first loves, marriage, children and beyond.
but i relish your lovely photographs of living things, gorgeous flowers and other objects of beauty that lift my spirit, even for a brief moment on your blog. i understand your need to shoot different things to avoid boredom. i appreciate the need to challenge yourself, but please remember that there are those of us who look at your work for the pure beauty it captures and the joy it gives.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow... thank you so much for your thoughtful and detailed response to my photographs. I appreciate you taking the time to write and comment.