Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not Quick Enough


I was driving home by the back road, and for 20 minutes I could see a thunderstorm in the distance, in the direction I was driving. I went through a bit of rain, but not much. I was about 2 miles from home when I came around a corner and saw this cornfield. It must have *just* stopped raining, and there must have been a lot of rain, because there were little rivers of water between each row. That's what caught my eye. I stopped, backed up, parked, jumped out of the car, and grabbed the camera from the trunk. I quickly went to the edge of the field and looked for a decent composition. The only problem was, by the time I found the best vantage point and a good compositon, I suddenly realized that the water was nearly completely absorbed by the ground! Bummer! I shot this anyway, but it was better when the valleys were completely filled with water. There are still some nice things going on with the lovely curves of the land, though.

No comments: