Saturday, June 28, 2008

Technical Difficulties


I apologize for forgetting to do my Friday night post! Completely forgot! Duh! And now I have a couple of photographs I took today, but I can't show them to you! I am in Nyack, NY, visiting my daughter, who is here for a couple of days working. I'm sorry, I can't resist this fact: she came here on a Citation Jet from the Bahamas! Yeah, I know... I don't believe it either, but it is true... Anyhow, I brought my laptop with me and two cameras, and shot a bunch of photographs, and then realized that I forgot to bring the card reader for the camera cards! I tried connecting the cameras via a USB cable, but for some reason that didn't work either. So this is an old photo that I wanted to show you. I found it the other day when going through a collection of old images. It is from a photographic workshop I took with Mark Klett some years back. I did several workshops with him. We would go to the deserts of Arizona, and camp out, and photograph for a week. We got go to places you would not normally go, because we needed four-wheel-drive vehicles, and you would not want to go alone in case you had a breakdown or got stuck. Anyhow, there were about 14 people in the group. This is Russell, and I forget his last name. He is a Dentist from Georgia. Anyhow, I was photographing the landscape, and turned around and saw him doing a close-up photo of this cactus. I immediately grabbed this shot, because it looked as if he was being devoured by this cactus! Isn't it wonderful?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool picture, does look like a scene out of a horror movie.
Fun to hear the giddiness in your voice with regards to your daughters (plural) successes and happiness. That's why I like this blog - for the pictures, the stories and the honesty of the emotions.

Amy said...

I'm so jealous you're in Nyack! That's so cool. So's her ride on a jet plane. Please give Liz a big hug for me. :) And this is VERY funny. It's like a scene from The Ruins. So we forgive you for missing a day.

Ken Spencer said...

Anonymous: Thank you so much for the nice comments, on both the photographs and the stories.