Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Abandoned In Place

I was driving home from the dentist's office late this afternoon, and as I rounded this corner saw these tanks, which I see nearly every day - they are on my bike route.  Fortunately I was in the car, with my camera in the trunk.  The sun had almost set, so the light was orange on the scene.  I was taken by the colors of rust and the green paint, and the trees.  I shot it every way from sunday, and decided on this slightly wider scene  I tried close-up views, thinking that a more abstract image was the stronger one, but I decided not.  So this is a more documentary view.  Perhaps less dramatic overall, but it feels right to me now.  These tanks are rusting because they are, in fact "Abandoned in Place" - it is stenciled on each of the tanks.  The color is awful in the blog, so please click on the image to see more saturated color.

No comments: