Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Late Afternoon

I worked hard trying to find an interesting photo today.  The sky was brilliant blue, the snow stunning white in its brilliance and the air was crisp. I tried a number of things, but concentrated on some snow piles in the back yard.  The light was not quite right, so I kept going back to it, to see if the photo was better.  Finally, as I went out the back door to look one last time, I spotted this completely different photograph of the gate leading to the neighbor's back yard.  I guess the lesson is, to keep at it whenever you are looking for a photograph.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you keep at it! A great photo - very inviting & interesting wondering where the gate leads to.
Joan

Amy said...

Yes, very cool. I also love how the gate is buried so deep, you can't really open it anyway! And of course that shadow. There's nothing like the combination of snow and sunshine...

Ken Spencer said...

The gate leads from our back yard, down three steps to the backyard of the next-door neighbors. For years, it was the home of the Gordon's, and now it is the home of our new, younger neighbors, and their two young children.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the gate makes me curious to see what's beyond...
bsk

Anonymous said...

Life imitates art imitates life...

http://www.monetreproductions.com/feature_painting.asp

Nice work, Ken. You're keeping company with Claude Monet now. Granted, he was a better art director than I was.