Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Bunker

I photographed this abandoned bunker today, when I went here to buy a drill bit!  It is not a bunker at all, of course.  It is the local SEARS store.  But it has to be one of the most uninviting retail stores I have ever seen.  Who designed this?  It is just poured concrete on the outside, and the only "decoration" at all is the name of the store way up high.  It really looks and feels abandoned as you approach the store on the outside.  There must be something they can do to make it more inviting.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha, you're right, it's terrible. I'm sure it was the cheapest option they had. But I'll tell you, the most depressing, dark, unhappy store in a 10-mile radius of us is the Sears store here, too! They must have all gotten the same designers...