Friday, March 27, 2009

Nightmare!!!

No, it's not doing the income tax that is the nightmare.  It is Turbo Tax!  I installed the program last week, did all the updates, and I have been entering data for three days.  Today without asking, it downloaded and starting installing even more updates!  On March 27???  Most people have filed by now.  So I watched as the updates progressed - there must have been 10 of them.  When they were done and I restarted, I asked it to take me back where I was, and it took me to the beginning!  Page 1!  ARE YOUR KIDDING ME???  I called tech support, terrified that all my data painstakingly entered was gone, but it wasn't, and after half an hour of painfully clicking through pages I had already done, while my pulse rate was 150, I was back in business!  Yikes!  What a stupid thing to do - to "push" an update, rather than ask me.  Stupid program!

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Forget TurboTax! Doing your own taxes is a major hassle with no reward. You could use the wasted time to do a little freelance job, pay the accountant and still have money left over for a new toy.

Amy said...

Amen, I'm all about the accountant! Walk in, chat for a bit, leave with a refund, ahhhh. :) But I am--as always--impressed with your do-it-yourself gung-ho!