Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sheldon's Hands

Part A, or B, or C, or D, or...   Man this Medicare stuff makes my head hurt!  Today Sheldon came to our home to talk about some of the options that we need to pick from, for additional coverage   He is very knowlegable and explained the options in a way that made it much easier for ME to understand.  I just don't have a head for this stuff.  While he was talking I happened to notice his hands.  His hands are very expressinve, in a quiet kind of way.  There were two things which made them stand out - he was sitting with his back to one of the living room windows, so his hands were backlit, and, he was wearing dark gray clothing which emphasized the edge lighting on his hands even more. We were having a nice time, besides the business at hand, and he mentioned his interest in photography and our conversation covered all kinds of subjects.  Because of that, I felt comfortable asking if I could photograph his hands, and this is the result.

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

This is a very neat photograph. Interesting expression, composition and lighting.

Amy said...

Wow, how cool. I would never think to shoot that. Liz might of course -- now I know where she gets her hand fascination!