Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Unexpected Image


On the way go get bagels this morning I stopped to photograph something near this spot that I saw while driving. I took the "expected" photograph, and then saw a wider view with my original subject in it. When that was done, I happened to notice these occasional waves on an otherwise calm harbor. I watched several of them roll on to the shore, and then realized that the WAVES were the picture! There was something about how slowly they came to the shore - that, and the gentle S-curve of its shape filled me with a peaceful feeling. What a lovely surprise on a Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'm there to enjoy the breeze & view with the birds! They are so lucky...

Amy said...

Yes, it makes me feel so calm to see that, those waves hugging the shore like that.