Monday, March 2, 2009

Cars

So we got between 10 and 12 inches of snow last night.  When I looked out the back door this morning, I saw these gorgeous, sensuous curves.  That's what I saw first - the curves.  I grabbed the camera and went out to explore the scene.  Turns out, there was only one "right" spot to stand in, and only one "right" composition.  It was easy!  So what made the curves?  Cars.  There are two cars parked side by side under the snow.  Cool, huh? Very other-worldly, I thought.  It doesn't look like anything in the real world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have made us guess what the image was...:-)
Love the curves.
bsk

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, had to study it for awhile. Something very pure and sensual about the shot.

Anonymous said...

There's no snow here where I live. So it's fascinating to look at all those pictures of winter you took. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

this is a swimmer's arm, stretching back before the next stroke. it's so graceful and fluid.i want to see her cutting through the water, barely disturbing the surface, gliding to the end of the pool. beautiful.