Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Acquainted With The Night


There is a Robert Frost poem that begins: "I have been one acquainted with the night. I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain. I have outwalked the furthest city light." I thought of that when trying to come up with a title for this post. I was on my way back from my Astronomy meeting, and driving through Sea Cliff I thought "I should go out looking for some night shots." Five seconds later I passed this church, and screeched to a halt. Perfect. I got out and photographed this, then I did a street scene, and then some industrial buildings. It was so nice to be out at night, with no one else walking or driving by, and with almost complete silence. I was really enjoying the stillness and the moment. Oh, and I really love the mood of this photograph, as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the different kinds of light in your photo. Lovely

Di

Anonymous said...

Georgeous colors. Too perfect to seem real.

Ken Spencer said...

I promise I didn't mess with it, or increase the saturation at all. I was amazed at the color of the sky, but I have seen that color before.

Chuck said...

Another beautiful photo, Ken.