Sunday, May 30, 2010

Desperation


So I was sitting at dinner and suddenly realized that because I had been working around in the yard, I had not taken any photos today. Oh man! What am I going to do to find a blog post? I was absent-mindedly staring at the candle in the middle of the dining room table, and was amazed to see how beautiful the flame was, and that if I looked really closely, I could see some really interesting details. Like the wick, most of it black, but the tip of it was bright orange, and if I looked really closely, I could see the end of it was bubbling! So I grabbed the macro lens, and here is the photo that saved my day. Please click on this to see it in greater detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. There's something about its simplicity that reminds me of a minimalist painting. Primary colors, lots of visual POW!