Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Ballimer"


I was sitting on a park bench by the water at the very beautiful inner harbor in Baltimore. I was looking around, as always, for photo possibilities. Then I noticed that since it was late in the day, the people walking by were silhouettes against the pale blue sky. Since they were only outlines of people, I began to see them not as people, but as design elements. So I put my camera on my lap, and aimed it upward just a bit, and without looking directly at the people (or the back of the camera) pushed the shutter button each time one person, or a group strolled by. Yeah, I know it is random, but I was thinking that if I randomly got something interesting, it would be my sensibilities that would recognize if there was anything artistic there. You know, like the proverbial roomful of monkeys on typewriters. 90% of the images were misses, but there were a couple of keepers, and this is the best. Something different for me - people.

No comments: