Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Gate


I drove by some flowers this morning on the way from the recycling center, and thought I should come back later in the day to photograph them. I took my bike and rode back to the flowers later in the afternoon, then after shooting them decided that I should continue riding around Sea Cliff and look for some more photographs. This rusty gate is the result of that expedition. I was stopped by the beautiful curves of the ironwork. As I looked at it carefully, the thought occurred to me that it seemed like a symphony. Of course that can't be true, because symphonies are not completely symmetrical, as the ironwork is. I tried several different angles, and I chose this one because of the simple dark background which isolated the pattern of the gate.

No comments: