Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Surprise


When we bought our house, back in 1971, it was September and there were dead plants of some kind on the front bank, which drops off about 6 feet, at a steep angle. I didn't pay any attention to what was there, because there was so much work to do on the house itself. In the Spring I was amazed to see the fiddleheads of ferns coming out of the ground! It was a fern bank, and it was just beautiful, with bright green, delicate ferns springing up out of the ground. All these years later the ferns continue to arrive each spring, and they never cease being beautiful. I was mowing the lawn today, and saw all the ferns backlit by the sun, so grabbed my Nikon and spent some time looking for a shot. I think this one is something special. I made it a bit larger in size, so please click on it to see it in greater detail.

No comments: