Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Dandelion


Coming out of church today I absently-mindedly noticed a dandelion that had gone to seed. I have been seeing the yellow ones all over, of course, at this time of year. But this is the first white one. I quickly thought that it might make some kind of photograph, so I stopped, picked it, carefully placed it in the car and brought it home. I thought that natural light wouldn't do the bloom justice, so I got out one of my studio flash units and set up a little studio on the dining room table, and experimented with a couple of different kinds of lighting. This is my favorite. Please click on it, to see it in greater detail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to think of dandelions as being weeks to dig from my lawn. This is a beautiful photo with the black back drop & wonderful lighting. Glad you brought it home.
Joan